A printer that can make your office printing work easy and prints like a pro maintaining the highest quality and perfect colors are something that is the need of every business be it an industry giant or a startup.
Keeping these requirements in mind, HP launched its printing product called HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer. It is one of the printers from their Officejet series and is considered to be the best among all others.
The printer can b easily get connected to the wireless connection and thus, can be accessed from a distance as well and need not connect it to the network via a USB cable. This also fulfills the office demands perfectly.
If you’re the one who recently brought this printer then searching for how to connect it is quite obvious. But, you no more need to worry about that as we have come up with the answers to all your setup related questions.
To connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 to WiFi the procedure given below can be traced carefully. All you need is to have all the basic requirements that are needed for this process. These include a wireless router for stable internet connection or WiFi, HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer and your computer system or laptop.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup Process
• Before starting the wireless connection setup, you need to collect information regarding the network name and its password. HP highly recommends broadband internet connection like cable or DSL for downloading the software through their website and also for installing printer updates. The security pin used in this process is also called the WEP key or the WPA passphrase.
• Now, check for your computer or the laptop and the printer is turned on. Also, make sure that both your computer system and the printer are connected to the very same wireless internet connection. Keep your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer close to your computer system and within the range of your wireless router. In the case, if there are any USB or ethernet cables, are connected to your printer, please remove them now.
• You can use the Wireless Setup Wizard for connecting your printer to the WiFi. When you connect using Wireless Setup Wizard, the search for the printer becomes easy for the HP installer, at the time of installation. Now go to the printer’s control panel and from its home screen swipe to open the Dashboard. Now you need to hit the Wireless icon present on your screen. Go to the setup icon and then to Wireless Settings, and in the end to Wireless Setup Wizard.
• Now you will get the list of all the networks on your screen, that are available. You need to select your network and then press the OK button. In case, if your network name is not present in the list, you can manually enter your Network name and can follow the instructions mentioned on the screen to do the same.
• In case you are asked to enter the WEP or the WPA key, then do that and then press done. You will get the summary of your network details on the screen, go through it once and press OK. This will take you back to the home screen. In case, if any connection error takes place, you will get a debug message on your screen. Make sure to enter the network name and its password correctly as they are case sensitive.
• After you are done connecting to the wireless network, you have to download and install the printer drivers. It is always better to get the full featured printer driver from the official website of HP by entering the model number of your printer.
• If you see an Auto Wireless Connect screen while you are installing the drivers, use this to finish the wireless setup. In case, you don’t get the above mentioned screen, then follow the below mentioned instructions.
• Choose your printer, then enter the model number of the printer, and then click on the Begin button. Now click on the download button to start downloading and then click on Open, Save or Run after it gets downloaded.
• Now, you need to double click the downloaded .exe file to start the installation and follow the instructions given on the screen to complete the entire process of connecting HP Officejet Pro 6978 to WiFi.
Also Related Blog: