HP Envy 5020 Wireless Setup
The steps given below are ideal to connect HP Envy 5020 to WiFi. For HP Envy 5020 wireless setup you need to connect the printer with the wireless network. Following are the steps that make you entire procedure of connecting the printer to the WiFi extremely easy.
Steps for HP Envy 5020 Wireless Setup
- Get your printer ready for starting the installation process.
- You should know the name of the WiFi network and the password to let your printer connect with the wireless router.
- Turn on your computer and connect it to the same wireless network.
- Now, you need to use the HP Setup Wizard for establishing a wireless connection with the printer.
- Click on the Wireless icon, given on the home screen of the control panel of your printer.
- Go to the Settings tab and then click on Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your network name from the shown list of networks.
- If the name of your network is not on the list then enter it manually.
- Hit the OK button and then enter the password or the WEP key for letting it connect to the WiFi.
The steps given below works for the entire HP Envy 5000 series and is not limited to HP Envy 5020 alone. For setting up a wireless connection for your printer, you need to download and install the latest printer drivers, depending upon your printer model, from the official website of the manufacturer.
While installing the printer you will get a pop up window where you will be asked to choose the connection type. You can select your preferred type of network, it is wireless in this case, and then can proceed with the installation process. You should be familiar with the network name, password and other important credentials regarding the network.
For getting the password, you can either look for the same on the router label or can also search for it by visiting network settings panel and getting the passphrase for connecting the printer to the wireless network. Make sure to connect your printer and the computer system with the same network connection.
Before starting the process of establishing the connection, check all of your devices for power connections and are they all turned on or not. This step will take only a few seconds and will also make the entire process smooth. In case, if there is any USB cable or ethernet cable is connected to your printer, please remove it at this step.
You have to choose the Wireless Setup Wizard as your connection type and now the HP installer will automatically identify your printer while the setup process takes place. Now you need to press the wireless icon on your HP Envy 5020 printer’s control panel.
The moment you click on the Setup icon, you will get eh option to select Wireless Setup Wizard. Now there are two conditions, if you can find the name of your network in the given list, click on it but for the cases, where you are unable to find your network name, you are supposed to enter the network name along with the network password manually, once the pop up window appears.